I am certified in UX by the IxDF and my passion currently is in the field of UX design strategy, building whole UX concepts for companies and growing the UX maturity of the organizations. I’m experienced in the following UX roles: UX designer, Interaction designer, UX researcher, UX strategist, UX project lead. I’ve got a background in testing, visual design, agile development, front-end development, leading and teaching, which helps me in my daily work.
Sono Motors – mobile app for the automotive industry
2020 – now | Senior UX designer
UX design of innovative processes connected to a newly invented hardwer, UX design for a mobile application for the automotive industry that needs to reflect these processes and hardware specifics, and needs to deliver delightful experience to a rich variety of user groups.
I work as a Senior UX designer, supported by 2 UI designers and a product designer, in a fully-agile, self-organized, self-motivated, cross-functional, development team. I support the team in User research, Usability testing, Fake-door testing, Design system creation and Interaction design.
Figma, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Gitlab, Miro, Jira, Confluence, Slack, Trello, Fun Retro, 15 Five, Simulation software, Salesforce, iOS and Android (familiar with React Native), Adyen, Pay Pal, Google Forms, SendGrid, Surveymonkey.
Duration and agile framework
We are working with SCRUM (2 weeks sprints) incorporating sprint zero from agile UX point of the workload prioritization and organization. I work with detailed product roadmaps, OKRs, definition of ready, definition of done, sprint and product goals.
I started with an estimation of the UX maturity of the company and our team. Then, we identified how to implement a UX design process that would povide the deliverables we need in order to achieve our team OKRs. We proceeded with identifying the main business processes that need to be reflected in the Sono mobile app and the main user groups. Afterwards I started working on the creation of personas and user scenarios, based on the information I received from the market research team.
Meanwhile, I worked on a design review of the already existing parts of the app, where I used the 10 Nilesen usability heuristics as a backbone in order to identify inconsitencies and improve the communication with the users. Then, I created user journeys for 3 of the main processes the PMs decided to include as main features of the app.
We collected our learnings and used the user journeys to start creatng UI Flows and sketching the app. Together with the UI designers we created a design system, based on which nowadays I create wireframes and interactive mobile prototypes, which I use for usability testing purposes.
After we validate our assumptions with user data, we take design decisions together. Then, I adjust the wireframes and send them for UI design and development.
BlueID – 4 mobile apps, IoT platform and a corporate website
2018 – 2020 | UX designer
Complete corporate UX concept. Redesign and alignment of 3 mobile apps, IoT platform and a corporate website, focused on mobile keys and granting access in facility management, and design of a similar application for the automotive industry.
Duration and role
2 years | I worked as UX designer, supported by a remote graphic designer and an UX intern, in a fully-agile self-organized self-motivated cross-functionalproduct development team, including 8-9 developers, a product owner and a product marketing consultant.
Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Balsamiq Mockups, Gitlab, HTML5, CSS3, WordPress, Sourcetree, Sublime+Emmet, Jira, Confluence, Slack
We worked with SCRUM (2 weeks-long sprints) incorporating sprint zero from agile UX point of the workload prioritization and organization.
Bozhana is keen to deliver great usability of IT products to the customer. She develops solutions creatively and analytically and she inspires others to actively participate shaping good design in workshops, which she moderates.
Solution and learnings
- I was hired to build the complete UX strategy of the company. I conducted field studies, including custoemr visit, direct observatoin, flexible user tests in the field, contextual inquiry. I obtained data for customer journey maps, personas, use cases, and user stories.
- I assessed the UX maturity and built an UX roadmap with a timeline, milestones and UX deliverables, I made workshops and demos for the management and included them actively in the UX design process.
- I applied the Design Thinking process in the redesign of 3 mobile applications, IoT platform and the corporate website – BlueID Keys App, NFC App, Lock administration app. I also designed an automotive mobile app from scratch.
- I started with a clarification of the information architecture and user flow. Then I created wireframes in Adobe XD, which were afterwards transformed into screens, style guide, design resource repository and interactive mobile app prototypes.
- Next step was usability testing of the prototypes and refinement of the interaction design, we paid special attention to the in-app communication, notifications, on-boarding process and user guides that can support our customers, while using the app. I conducted A/B tests, home page tours, interviews and focus groups, retrospective think-aloud.
- After polishing the apps we tested them with users and analyzed the results.
- During and after every iteration we were updating all the design documentation. I was also responsible for the creation of multiple UX deliverables such as personas, customer journey maps, usability testing scripts, etc.
IBM Project for Microsites and Dashboards development
2016 – 2018 | UX designer and Team lead
Creation of responsive microsites and dashboards with interactive data visualizations built with D3 and C3.js for various business spheres. The microsite purpose is to represent company data during orals and help winning the deal while negotiating. We were building
Duration and role
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq mockups, HTML5, CSS3 (SASS, LESS), IBM Bluemix, Bitbucket, SVN, XML, JSON, jQuery, Sublime+Emmet, IBM Lotus Notes, Zoom
We worked with SCRUM, 2 weeks-long sprints.
Bo (and her team) were extremely creative and responsive as she delivered this elegant platform via sprints/ agile and Bluemix. Highlights – ease of doing business with, clear alignment to our mutual goals, accountability, AND execution as committed. Well done Bo! Thank you.
Solution and learnings
- We created a new microsite or a dashboard for different customers from various business areas every 2-4 weeks. Microsites contain interactive D3.js data representations, dashboard functionalities and reporting tools.
- First, I was researching and designing the information architecture and content blocks. I made wireframes and I also had to align the microsite visually with the branding of the customer (color scheme, logo, overal look and feel, etc.). The design of the microsite was being adjusted in order to transfer the brand identity and regional requirements into interaction concepts.
- Afterwards, naturally my main focus was on the interaction design with the animated data visualizations.
- The responsive design testing was also my responsibility. This is why I was designing all interactions with the mobile data visualizations and ensuring all microsites and dashboards are functioning properly.
- I was also responsible for the creation of infographics, as well as processes design, optimization and illustration.
- When everything is developed and tested on our side, I was leading demos for the customers and our project manager from IBM Singapore.
I enjoyed working with Bozhana on the creation of Microsites. She has a lot of ideas in her design and is also efficient in her work. She possess strong leadership skills and helps new team members get into the work process. She is very attentive to client’s requirements, too. Besides that, she made an extra mile to pick up a web developer role when the team was short of resources. I hope to work with her again.