I am certified in UX by the IxDF and my passion currently is in the field of UX design strategy, building UX concepts for companies and growing the UX maturity of the organisations. I’m experienced in the following roles: UX designer, Interaction designer, UX researcher, UX strategist, UX project lead, UX design competence lead. What is more, I’ve got a background in testing, visual design, agile development, front-end development, leading and teaching, which helps me be successful in my daily work.
Sono Motors – automotive mobile app
2020 – 2022 | Senior UX designer, UX lead, Competence lead
UX design of innovative processes and newly invented hardware, UX design for a mobile application for the automotive industry that needs to reflect these processes and hardware specifics, and needs to deliver delightful experiences to a variety of user groups.
I worked as a Senior UX designer and UX lead, supported by 2-4 UI designers and a hardware interior and exterior designer, in a fully-agile, self-organised, self-motivated, cross-functional, digital product development team. I support them with User research, Wireframing Prototyping, User testing and more. I took the role of UX Lead for 8 months. I also became a Design competence lead.
Figma, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Miro, Jira, Confluence, Slack, Trello, Tableau, SendGrid, Fun Retro, 15 Five, Simulation software, Salesforce, iOS and Android OS (familiar with React Native), Adyen, PayPal, Google Forms, Surveymonkey, Screens and more.
Scrum (2 weeks sprints) incorporating sprint zero from agile UX design point of the workload prioritisation and organisation. I worked with detailed UX and product roadmaps, OKRs, definition of ready, definition of done, sprint forecasts and goals.
Opportunities and solutions
I started with an estimation of the UX maturity of the company and our team. Then, we identified how to implement a UX design process that would provide the deliverables we need in order to achieve our team OKRs. We proceeded with identifying the main business processes that need to be reflected in the Sono mobile app and research of the main user groups. Afterwards, I started working on the creation of personas and user scenarios, based on the information I received from the market research team. After the app release I conducted user interviews in order to create a more relevant persona, understand better the pain points of the users and the reasons why they weren’t using the app.
What is more, I created a design review of the already existing parts of the app (every 6 months) as the app was quite inconsistent in terms of UX and UI design at that point in time. I used the 10 Nilesen usability heuristics as a backbone in order to identify and address inconsistencies and improve the communication with the users.
After the first design review, I created user journeys for 3 of the main processes the product owners decided to view as main features of the app.
I collected my learnings and used the user journeys to start creating UI Flows and sketching the app. I created wireframes and interactive mobile prototypes, which I used for usability testing purposes. Together with the UI designers we created a detailed design system, too.
After we validated our assumptions with user data, we made design decisions together as a team. Then, I adjusted the wireframes and sent them for UI design and development. This process repeated over and over again.
In addition, while I was working with Sono, we implemented UX design metrics, I created a UX roadmap which we followed in order to improve the user experience and build a product which reflects the needs of all car owners and community members.
All in all, working on the Sono App opened multiple opportunities and also brought a lot of learnings regarding team synergy, communication, implementation of the good practices and working in a highly productive way in order to meet the project goals.
BlueID – 4 mobile apps, IoT platform and a corporate website
2018 – 2020 | UX designer and Website redesign project lead
Complete corporate UX concept. Redesign and alignment of 3 mobile apps, IoT platform and a corporate website, focused on mobile keys and granting access in facility management, and design of a similar application for the automotive industry.
Duration and role
2 years | I worked as UX designer, supported by a remote graphic designer and an UX intern, in a fully-agile self-organised self-motivated cross-functional product development team, including 8-9 developers, a product owner and a product marketing consultant.
Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Balsamiq Mockups, Gitlab, HTML5, CSS3, WordPress, Sourcetree, Sublime+Emmet, Jira, Confluence, Slack
We worked with SCRUM (2 weeks-long sprints) incorporating sprint zero from agile UX point of the workload prioritisation and organisation.
Bozhana is keen to deliver great usability of IT products to the customer. She develops solutions creatively and analytically and she inspires others to actively participate shaping good design in workshops, which she moderates.
Opportunities and solutions
- I was hired to build the complete UX strategy of the company. I conducted field studies, including customer visit, direct observation, flexible user tests in the field, contextual inquiry. I obtained data for customer journey maps, personas, use cases, and user stories.
- I assessed the UX maturity and built an UX roadmap with a timeline, milestones and UX deliverables, I made workshops and demos for the management and included them actively in the UX design process.
- I applied the Design Thinking process in the redesign of 3 mobile applications, IoT platform and the corporate website – BlueID Keys App, NFC App, Lock administration app. I also designed an automotive mobile app from scratch.
- I started with a clarification of the information architecture and user flow. Then I created wireframes in Adobe XD, which were afterwards transformed into screens, style guide, design resource repository and interactive mobile app prototypes.
- Next step was usability testing of the prototypes and refinement of the interaction design. Moreover, we paid special attention to the in-app communication, notifications, on-boarding process and user guides that can support our customers, while using the app. I conducted A/B tests, home page tours, interviews and focus groups, retrospective think-aloud.
- After polishing the apps we tested them with users and analysed the results.
- During and after every iteration we were updating all the design documentation. I was also responsible for the creation of multiple UX deliverables such as personas, customer journey maps, usability testing scripts, etc.
All in all, in these two years we’ve developed 4 mobile applications, released one of them in the App store, redesigned our IoT platform, redesigned and rebuilt the corporate website in order to improve the usability of our product, which we eventually achieved.
IBM Project for Microsites and Dashboards development
2016 – 2018 | UX designer and Team lead
Creation of responsive microsites and dashboards with interactive data visualisations built with D3 and C3.js for various business spheres. The microsite purpose is to represent company data during orals and help winning the deal while negotiating. We were building
Duration and role
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq mockups, HTML5, CSS3 (SASS, LESS), IBM Bluemix, Bitbucket, SVN, XML, JSON, jQuery, Sublime+Emmet, IBM Lotus Notes, Zoom
We worked with SCRUM, 2 weeks-long sprints.
Bo (and her team) were extremely creative and responsive as she delivered this elegant platform via sprints/ agile and Bluemix. Highlights – ease of doing business with, clear alignment to our mutual goals, accountability, AND execution as committed. Well done Bo! Thank you.
Opportunities and solutions
- We created a new microsite or a dashboard for different customers from various business areas every 2-4 weeks. Microsites contain interactive D3.js data representations, dashboard functionalities and reporting tools.
- In the beginning I was researching and designing the information architecture and content blocks. I made wireframes and I also had to align the microsite visually with the branding of the customer (colour scheme, logo, overall look and feel, etc.). The design of the microsite was being adjusted in order to transfer the brand identity and regional requirements into interaction concepts.
- Afterwards, naturally, my focus moved on the interaction design with the animated data visualisations.
- The responsive design testing was also my responsibility. For this reason, I was designing all interactions with the mobile data visualisations and ensuring all microsites and dashboards are functioning properly.
- I was also responsible for the creation of infographics, as well as processes design, optimization and illustration.
- When everything was developed and tested on our side, I was leading demos for the customers and our project manager from IBM Singapore.
The project was successful and the team started growing. We’ve delivered various microsites and dashboards.
I enjoyed working with Bozhana on the creation of Microsites. She has a lot of ideas in her design and is also efficient in her work. She possesses strong leadership skills and helps new team members get into the work process. She is very attentive to client’s requirements, too. Besides that, she made an extra mile to pick up a web developer role when the team was short of resources. I hope to work with her again.